A lifestyle of family fitness requires a commitment from your whole team.
It will be much easier for children to accept—maybe even embrace—changes in their eating habits and activity levels if they are not going it alone. These recommendations apply to families in which someone needs to lose weight, and also to those families hoping to prevent obesity and kick off lifelong healthy habits. Everyone can benefit from better nutrition and more physical activity, no matter where they’re starting out.
- Spend an Hour a Day Moving
- Stock up on Fruits and Vegetables
- Be a Role Model to Inspire Kids
- Drink Lots of Water
- Limit Screen Time
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast Every Day
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- Eat Meals at Home
- Rethink Exercise to Make Kids’ Physical Activity More Fun
- Be Your Child’s Cheerleader