Meditation is the practice of training your mind to be present here and now.
Meditation is an ancient practice that involves focusing the mind.
Strauss shares some benefits to follow if you want to start meditating at home. They are outlined below.
Benefits of Meditation
According to Strauss, there are many benefits of meditation, which include:
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Meditation teaches you tools that bring your attention to the present moment without judgment, instead of ruminating about something that happened in the past or worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet in the future.
- Strengthens relationships: Meditation helps you cultivate more compassion and patience toward all beings, not just the closest ones to you. The best part is that you inspire others to do the same.
- Increases productivity and creativity: Have you ever had a great idea pop into your head while showering or brushing your teeth? The practice of meditation increases your ability to be productive and creative when you give yourself time to pause and breathe.
- Improves heart health: Meditation can improve heart health by lowering your blood pressure, reducing stress, helping you quit smoking, and helping with other markers of heart disease, such as insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.
- Boosts your immune system: The practice of meditation helps strengthen your mind-body connection. Meditation, in turn, enables you to listen to your body’s feedback and teaches you how to self-regulate.
- Benefits your brain: The fascinating thing about meditation is its ability to rewire your brain. This concept is called neuroplasticity, where you replace old unhelpful habits with new supportive ones. Meditation has also been shown to improve your ability to process information, stall the effects of aging on your brain, and reduce the sensation of pain.