«One generation full of deeply loving parents would change the brain of the next generation, and with that, the world.»
— Charles Raison
This page gives you ten tips for practicing peaceful parenting.
1. Peaceful parenting starts with regulating your own emotions.
2. Evaluate all teaching based on whether it strengthens or weakens your relationship with your child.
3. Start all correction by reaffirming the connection.
4. Don’t hesitate to set limits as necessary, but set them with empathy.
5. In any situation posing physical danger, intervene immediately to set limits, but simultaneously connect by empathizing.
6. Defiance is always a relationship problem.
7. Avoid Timeouts. They create more misbehavior.
8. Consequences teach the wrong lesson if you’re involved in creating them.
9. What you think and feel is more important than what you say in how your child responds.
10. How you treat your child is how she will learn to treat herself.