The first love you ever know often comes from your mother and your immediate family members. This unconditional love seeks nothing in return. Those loving times you remember cuddling with your parents, playing ball with your brother in the backyard, or getting ice cream down the street with your grandmother aren’t just cherished memories.
When you feel safe, protected, and cared for during those crucial early years, you have a good framework for the world. The future outlook seems bright.
Living in a warm environment that is surrounded by family love generates other benefits including:
- You gain confidence and a high sense of self-esteem.
- You learn conflict resolution skills.
- You learn about communication and social interactions.
- You have good physical health (thanks to home-cooked healthy meals, regular exercise and play, and early bedtimes).
- You become more resilient and adaptable as you and your family surmount challenges.
- You feel like you have support when you need it.
- You feel a sense of stability and predictability based on routine.
- You don’t have to do anything to earn family love. You have it unconditionally—just for being born.
- Your childhood experiences and growth are seen in a positive light.
- You also decrease the possibility that you’ll have mental health challenges in the future.
There are many benefits of belonging to a supportive family network. It’s an integral part of physical and mental well-being. Begin to focus your time and attention on those you love. Soon you’ll be creating fun times and happy memories.